I woke up today with a lighter heart…lighter and happier than the last couple of days.
My curious nature has me wondering the cause or causes for feeling blue/heavy…
- Lack of sleep the last several nights?
- The lead up to, and the day, the anniversary of my Dad’s crossing over?
- Two cloud covered, white sky, zero sunshine days?
- Being in the office…a toxic environment for highly sensitive people?
- Not being in nature for several days.
- Binge watching TV?
When I don’t :
- get enough sleep and eat at regular intervals, I feel like a 2 year old who hasn’t had her nap and find I am not able to cope with even small details. Life seems like a challenge I am not properly prepared for and I feel a meltdown brewing in my solar plexus…ready to erupt.
- Spend enough time in nature, I get clouded and loose my connection to earth’s heart beat and rythm.
- Have enough sunshine…I am lifeless…less energy, less will.
- Spend too much time with large groups of people, I soak up their energy, take on their problems, feel their pain, sorrow, anger, loneliness, unworthiness and it is overpowering.
Add all of this together, plus whatever is going on with the planets in my sign, and it’s the perfect mixture for a perfect storm.
As I write this, I’m reminded of the natural rythms of the universe…the ebbs and flows. Also the Bible verse from Ecclesiastes (ch.3) – or Turn, Turn, Turn by The Byrds – to everything there is a season…
4. A time for tears, a time for laughter; a time for mourning, a time for dancing…
8. A time for loving, a time for hating; a time for war, a time for peace.
This is a timely reminder (or a friendly kick-in-the-butt) to get back on track with putting my needs first…making me a priority. Over the summer, I got away from going to bed early, limiting tv – especially before bed, staying away from the news, connecting with God and Jesus, and connecting with mother Earth. As I write that last sentence, I feel a longing so deep and strong. I know these words are true as they’re resonating deeply within.
Thinking back, I used to pitch a tent every summer and sleep outside as much as I could. I stopped doing that last year…something spooked me.
And somewhere along the line fear took over. I forgot to let go and let God, that there’s a reason for everything, to trust and believe…I need to get back to that place…I want to get back to that place…I long to get back to that place. I will get back to that place. I am back to that place. I am smiling. I am at peace. My heart skips a beat as I am filled with joy.
Today’s photo…the storm or the rainbow? I couldn’t decide. Which would you choose?