Sunday, 1 November 2020
I love November. For many reasons.
- It’s a month of remembrance. Remembering and honouring the men and women who sacrificed their lives for our freedom.
- We’re closer to the shortest day than the longest day which means we’re closer to longer days of light.
- Christmas lights will soon be on, bringing light and hope to dark days.
- Christmas is around the corner which ignites a festive spirit. Joy, sharing, giving!
- Oh, and it’s my birthday month!
It’s also the month of my parents’ wedding anniversary. Typically, Mom and I plan a cruise this time of year so we can celebrate her anniversary and my birthday in the Caribbean. That’s not happening this year. But we’ll find a way to make it just as special, maybe not as hot, but as special.
Some other photos from today:
Red squirrel, Goldfinch, Chickadee, Downey woodpecker, White-breasted nuthatch, Charlie the Turkey, the river and tonight’s sunset.